Simple salads with feta на русском
Feta cheese is a wonderful addition to salads with its salty and slightly zesty flavour. It can turn a simple salad into a special one. It goes very well with green leaves, cucumber slices, avocado, tomatoes and many other vegetables. So, here are some recipes of salads using feta:
Shrimp and feta salad
(This is from my beautiful refined friend Natali Lo, who knows how to enjoy life)
200 g lamb's lettuce
1 medium avocado
10 cherry tomatoes
100 g cooked shrimp
70 g feta
For the dressing:
1 heaped tsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp lemon juice
30 ml olive oil
freshly milled black pepper
1. Whisk the mustard with the lemon juice and pour in olive oil in a thin streak to form a creamy dressing. Add salt and pepper, mix carefully.
2. Place the lettuce, chopped in cubes avocado and halved cherry tomatoes in a salad dish, pour over the dressing and mix carefully. Scatter cubes of feta and shrimp on top.
Bulgarian Shopska salad
(Had this salad every day during my two week visit to Sofia. Fresh juicy vegetable with beautiful Bulgarian cheese are simply delicious!)
1/2 of a large green bell pepper
1/2 of a large yellow bell pepper
1 small red onion
bunch of olives without pits
150 g feta
1 tbsp dried herb mix (such as parsley, cilantro and dill)
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
3 tbsp olive oil
Salt and freshly milled black pepper
1. Cut the onion in half and slice the halves thinly. Chop the rest of the vegetables in cubes. Place everything into a bowl and add the olives, the feta and the herbs.
2. Sprinkle some vinegar and olive oil on the salad. Add salt and pepper and mix.
Russian radish and egg salad
(Inspired by my charming virtual friend who complimented a typical Russian salad with Feta. I took the liberty and added some capers and did not regret it)
1 bunch of radishes
5 spring onions
1 bunch of dill
100 g feta cheese cubes
1 tbsp of capers
2 heaped tbsp of sour cream
Salt and pepper
1. Cook the eggs until hardboiled. Cool under cold water, peal and chop into medium size cubes.
2. Cut the radishes into wedges and cucumber into cubes. Thinly cut spring onions. Chop the dill.
3. Rinse the capers under cold water.
4. Place all the ingredients together in a large bowl, add the sour cream, salt and pepper and mix well.
5. Decorate with sprigs of dill.